Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Heart Provo

Good news! I got accepted to BYU the other day. This was followed by some more great news: all of my friends also got accepted. But here's the thing. One of them is acting like he is too cool for Provo (I know, Provo is the shiz). He got accepted to all of the BYU's, and basically narrowed it down to Hawaii and Provo, and seems to be leaning toward going to Hawaii. I really want him to go to BYU-Provo with us, so I started trying to list all of Provo's greatest attributes. But then I found that I couldn't come up with very many. Here is my list so far:

  • The Creamery on 9th
  • Buying chips from the Creamery on 9th
  • Brick Oven
  • Feeding the ducks some of the chips you bought at the Creamery at that one pond by Brick Oven
  • Sliding down the railing from the steps that lead up to BYU's uper campus (next to that one pond by Brick Oven)
  • The Fourth of July Grand Parade (it's a Provo classic!)
  • The hot air baloons that can be seen soaring the Provo sky before the 4th of July Grand parade begins
  • J-Dawgs
  • FSN Utah (we're all die-hard Jazz fans)
  • Trips to Maceys, and taking rides in the electic shopping carts they have there
  • Wasatch's fall festival
  • The Desert Towers pool (wait, they don't have that anymore?)
  • All of the caffine-free soda you could ever wish for
  • Plus, all of the people in Hawaii speak a foreign language

Is there anything I missed? Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

2 comments: